Monday 20 February 2012

“Grace can you call me back please!”... You know shits about to go down when you receive this voicemail off Momma cas!..



I have just realised, that in my possession, I have 2 pounds and 85 pence. It would appear I will not be getting the beers in tonight. Moving away from home can be tough, something I have only just discovered. Surviving on Dominos and Tesco's outstanding low fat ready meals, not really counting for anything seeing as I eat 50 biscuits between these meals though.

The greatest lesson university can teach you is how to survive the day to day basics, or at least how to cope with them.

I have lived on my own for 6 months now, yet still haven't mastered the trick of the washing machine. Yes, there is a trick. I seem to spend 8 pound per load. There must be something I'm doing wrong?...

Cooking. If I could afford it, I'd bake pretty cakes everyday and live off those. Timings in meals are difficult. The past week I have been living off Sainsburys' delicious yet not so delicious chicken goujons. Buying 30 probably wasn't the greatest of ideas. But they were reduced. Something that couldn't be helped. Mum's home cooked meals are such a luxury now.

I think my favourite average day to day task would be food shopping. It makes me feel like an adult. I love it. I convince myself I do really well with what I buy and how much I spend, until I get to the sweet aisle. Getting things that aren't a necessary buy, yet I still buy them. Standard.

Money. This month my phone bill was 150 quid! Yes 150 single POUNDS! Something I have come to terms with, that it's just a lesson learnt...minus 150 dollar. Scraping the money together and getting yourself out of theses messes, are just lessons. I definitely will not be making my average 2am call no more.

Sleeping pattern. Gone. Getting sleepy at 9pm and then waking up at 2am, is just something that comes naturally now. As well as needing a nap before going on a night out. Yes I'm a grandma.

Cleaning. How does she do it? Despite attempting the 'clean as you go' attitude, the flat remains actually disgustingly dirty. To keep it up, mothers must be superhuman.

Although I call Sheffield home, and believe it to be home, I couldn't survive without my family to actually go home to.
N.B. Mum please don't buy chicken goujons in.

No comments:

Post a Comment