Friday 14 October 2011

Its a grim life... isn't it?




Sat on my train back to sheff playing the waiting game. As I look up, a businessman opposite me is on the phone to who I assume is his wife. The conversation appearing lovingly, with his wife or partner asking how his day has been and when he'll be home. A few minutes later, he then says he'll catch her later, and as he puts down the phone, he's rolling his eyes and shaking his head. He looks at his phone with resentment while he puts it in he trouser pocket. He opens back up his laptop and starts typing away.
So is that what happens? You fall in love, marry, then spend the rest of your life resenting eachother for making eachother so unhappy. I've seen it so many times before, and as I look around, I see older, assumed married couples, sat in silence with no eye contact given except for the odd glance of resentment, as if they are annoying you for even breathing! If anyone wanted an 'ad' for why not to marry, this would be it right now. A reason to stay and be alone for the rest of your life, making it seem like you'd be happier that way, but in fact we all know you wouldn't. People take eachother for granted so much of the time, they believe they are unhappy, but if you really realised what you had, you'd know you weren't actually that unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment